COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Funding news for global health researchers June 15, 2020
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
COVID-19 Grants and Funding News
Important news from NIH for grantees and grant applicants on the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Pilot Projects Increasing the Impact of the NIH Centers for Advancing Research on Botanicals and Other Natural Products (PI2 CARBON)
(R03 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-20-228)
Application Receipt Dates: Oct 1,2020; June 1, 2021; and more
- Center for Inherited Disease Research (CIDR) High Throughput Sequencing and Genotyping Resource Access
Applications are accepted by continuous receipt.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) Priorities for Biomedical Knowledgebases & Repositories (NOT-AI-20-044)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Role of Astrocytes and Astrocytic Networks in Drug Abuse (NOT-DA-20-060)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Joint DMS/NIGMS Initiative to Support Research at the Interface of the Biological and Mathematical Sciences (NOT-GM-20-036)
International collaborators are welcome to participate in the projects, but they must obtain support from their respective international funding organizations.
Submissions accepted September 1, 2020 - September 18, 2020; and September 1 - September 18, annually thereafter.
- Request for Information: Soliciting Input on the NIGMS 2021-2025 Strategic Plan Framework (NOT-GM-20-034)
Respond by July 17, 2020
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Research Project (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-AA-20-016)
Strengthening Institutional Capacity to Conduct Global Cancer Research in LMICs
Application deadline: July 24, 2020
International Bioethics Training
UPDATED application deadline: August 4, 2020
Global Infectious Disease Research Training
D43 application deadline: August 14, 2020
D71 application deadline: October 28, 2020
HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions
Application deadline: August 20, 2020
Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in LMICs
Application deadline: September 24, 2020
AIDS application deadline: December 3, 2020
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) short-term U.S. Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japan
Application deadline: October 1, 2020
Emerging Global Leader Award
Application deadline: November 4, 2020
Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: November 12, 2020
Upcoming deadlines for all Fogarty funding opportunities