COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
COVID-19 public health info from US CDC | COVID-19 research info from the US NIH | COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers January 11, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Notice to Extend Expiration Date for PAR-19-362: Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71 - Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (NOT-TW-21-001)
An additional receipt date has been added on October 28, 2022.
Global Infectious Disease Research Training program.
Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Innovative Molecular Analysis Technologies for Low-Resource Settings Globally (NOT-CA-21-025)
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) Center for Global Health is seeking to leverage ongoing
Innovative Molecular Analysis Technologies (IMAT) program activities to stimulate exploratory research on technology platforms relevant for global oncology and appropriate for use in low-resource settings globally.
Application Due Dates: February 22, 2021; May 27, 2021; September 29, 2022
NIH and FDA funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Priority HIV/AIDS Research within the Mission of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (PAS-21-031)
AIDS Application Due Dates: Standard AIDS dates apply.
- Understanding and Reducing Cardiovascular Disease in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-HL-21-014)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 15, 2021, October 15, 2021
- Regulation of Brain Regional and Cell Type Specific Proteome Dynamics in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AG-21-033)
Application Receipt Date: March 18, 2021
- New Approaches to Identify Neurogenesis and Study its Dynamics in Brain Aging and AD/ADRD
(R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-AG-22-006)
Application Receipt Date: June 17, 2021
- Cellular Senescence Network: Tissue Mapping Centers
(U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-RM-21-008)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 08, 2021
- Next Generation Sequencing in Post Mortem Tissue from Patients with Parkinson's Disease
(U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-NS-21-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 15, 2021
- Funding opportunity announcements from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
Application receipt dates: March 2021
- Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Models of Oral Absorption to Simulate the Results of Bioequivalence Studies (U01) Clinical Trials Optional (RFA-FD-21-012)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Models to Aid the Development of Generic Inhalation Products (U01) Clinical Trials Optional (RFA-FD-21-015)
- Quantify the expression of metabolizing enzymes and transporter proteins in lung, eye and skin tissue in relevant animal models and humans (U01) Clinical Trial Not Allowed (RFA-FD-21-018)
- Development of a model selection method for population pharmacokinetics analysis by deep-learning based reinforcement learning (U01) Clinical Trials Not Allowed (RFA-FD-21-027)
- Development of Advanced Analytical Methods for the Characterization of Iron Carbohydrate Complex - Ferric Derisomaltose (U01) Clinical Trials Not Allowed (RFA-FD-21-016)
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest: Alcohol-induced Tissue-specific and Organ System Diseases (R01/R21/R03) (NOT-AA-20-024)
- Notice of Special Interest: Promoting Research on COVID-19 and Rheumatic, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NOT-AR-21-012)
- Notice of Special Interest: Leveraging Population-based Cancer Registry Data to Study Health Disparities (NOT-CA-21-020)
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
Research and Innovation for Global Health Transformation from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), United Kingdom, will fund research on unintentional injuries, and urgent and emergency care, in low- and middle-income countries, and is open to lead applicants from the UK or LMIC institutions.
Intent to submit due February 10, 2021
Applications due March 10, 2021